THE GRITSTONE CLUB was founded in 1922 to encourage pursuits of mountaineering, rock climbing, hill walking, potholing and skiing. Many of our members live near Leeds, Bradford, and other conurbations in our region so meeting for trips is easy. We hold regular weekend and mid week meets throughout the year, plus well positioned club huts in the Lake District and in the Yorkshire Dales. Regular meets internationally each year are also feature. For more on History and background NEW MEMBERS WELCOME - Join us on any of listed meets at weekends, indoor climbing, walking, etc to suit your interests. Contact us. DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE TO MEMBERS OF THE GRITSTONE CLUB - We have a wide range of discount options available to members. Some have been arranged by the club and many come via the BMC. However our buying power should enable other opportunities so let our secretary know if you identify other possibilities. For a more comprehensive listing see Discount Summary.
NEWS & ARTICLES
- April 2013 Newsletter - April 2013 Newsletter Click on the link above for the latest Newsletter
- Day Walks - Day walks have come thick and fast in the dark days of winter, with more frequent walks in Derbyshire being added to the list:
- Muirshearlich, Scotland - We were blessed with perfect winter conditions – hard-packed snow on the tops, and for the most part bright sun blazing out of a blue sky, with not much wind
- Meets Calendar – Weds Eve walking map links sorted - The problems with the web links for the maps on the most recent Wednesday evening walks have been corrected. Just click the NGR and a new window will open with the pub highlighted.
- JB@80: a weekend of walking and feasting at the Smithy - The weekend was a great success.
- New Year Meet - This meet was one of the wettest and dullest of any of the Smithy New Year Meets.
Arthur Dolphin Videos available
VIDEO AND PHOTO STREAMS
NEXT FEW MEETS
- 22 May 2013 18:00Almscliff / Hunters
- 22 May 2013 19:30New Inn, Appletreewick
- 24 May 2013Ribblehead Hut Booking - Mark Fairclough and family (inc. minors)
- 25 May 2013Scotland wild camping
- 26 May 2013Fairhead - Joint Grits/Pinnacle
- 29 May 2013 18:00Brimham / Royal Oak Dacre
- 29 May 2013 19:30Royal Oak, Dacre
- 31 May 2013Dominis Oughton - Smithy Booking R.C. 5 places
- 01 June 2013Malawi jointly with the YRC
- 03 June 2013Ribblehead Hut Booking - B. Cummings\' grandson and friend - 3 Peaks Attempt
- 04 June 2013Day walk
- 05 June 2013 18:00Shipley / Bulls Head